Last week I decided to make a dress for Saskia and remembered this fantastic goose fabric I bought in San Fransisco at Britex Fabrics.
The goose fabric inspired the pocket and the dress inspired the stuffed geese. What a day!
the Art and Craft of Kathryn Greenwood Swanson
Links
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Kathryn G Swanson
- Northampton, MA, United States
- I grew up with myriad textile arts all around me - my mother is a costume designer and a feverish knitter. My teenage years were spent learning every textile art I could - crochet, batik, macrame, weaving, etc etc. After graduating from Hampshire College in Amherst, MA, my now husband Hunter and I moved to Baltimore where I was lucky to land a job as the soft goods artisan at Center Stage. I learned precision and dedication in the props shop and have brought a variety of new skills with me back to Massachusetts. Now Hunter and I in beautiful Northampton where Hunter is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and I work at Webs, America's largest yarn store. Our apartment has room for a sewing studio and I spend as much time there as I possibly can.
0 comments:
Post a Comment